My Year 10 Media class are submitting their work through a blog to make the work more authentic. Everything they put up on the blog can be seen by anyone, and therefore should be treated seriously. Come in and have a look at what they have learned.
First week homework (15/7/16):
- Genre 2016 worksheet
- Send me the link to your blog
- Complete your first entry: best films 2008-2016
First Practical Activity:
On your blog:
- Upload the storyboard
- Discuss what makes it a good scene
- Link to the YouTube clip
- Link to your scene recreation
Second Practical Activity
On your blog:
- List a few cliches from your genre
- Pick one to illustrate as a short film
- film it, edit it, upload it.
Week 5 classwork (26.2)
- Find three different movie reviews of a movie that you have seen.
- Provide links to these on your blog
- Copy every descriptive word into a document. Highlight those that are specific to movies and movie reviews.
- Come up with a table containing lists of descriptive words for:
- Special effects
- Write a two paragraph review of a movie that you have seen (not the one from above).
- Post to your blog.
Movie Trailer Requirements
- Storyboard – around 60 frames
- Script – using Celtx – include shots and camera movement, titles and voiceovers
- Shot list
- Set, props and costumes list.
- Weekly production journal entry on blog including images and short video clips when necessary
- You can film (but not until then)
Production Journal Questions
|Tell me what you’ve learned during the past week – from using software, from filming, from lessons, from classmates. (2 marks x 5 entries)|
|How will you use the things you’ve learned in your production? (2 marks x 5 entries)|
|What difficulties did you have during the past week? (2 marks x 5 entries)|
|What ideas did you have that you can use in this and future projects? (2 marks x 5 entries)|
|Describe your team’s progress on the project. (2 marks x 5 entries)|
Script example (from www.writersstore.com)